Please check back in 2019 – all awards have been granted for 2018.
NAMI PA, Main Line is pleased to offer small grants to families with a child or teen who could benefit from a structured program that provides the opportunity to practice social skills or supports other therapeutic goals for a child with a DSM diagnosis (such as ADD/ADHD, anxiety, autism spectrum disorder, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, pervasive developmental disorder, etc.). We can only provide grants for services provided by a 501(c)(3) organization.
The purpose of these grants is to provide children and teens access to a program recommended by a primary care physician, licensed clinician, behavior specialist, school counselor, or other professional with knowledge of the child’s diagnosis, including a social skills program, a recreational program that meets social skills needs, or a program that meets other therapeutic goals. Grants will not exceed $300. Also, the sum of all grants awarded within one fiscal year will depend on the total amount available to be dispersed, limited to $1,000 annually.
Families who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for a grant:
- have a dependent or dependents between the ages of three and 16 with a diagnosed mental illness (such as ADD/ADHD, anxiety, autism spectrum disorder, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, pervasive developmental disorder, etc).
- have an annual household income that does not exceed $75,000, plus $15,000 for each dependent member of the household. (Note: Dependents are defined by the IRS here, and do not include spouses.)
- can provide a written note from a licensed provider, behavior specialist, school counselor, or other professional with knowledge of the child’s diagnosis stating that a named program would be of benefit to the child or teen’s mental health needs.
- can provide a program description from the proposed provider that includes the total cost of the program, including registration and supply fees.
- can provide the billing address of the program provider for remittance of the grant monies.
- can provide documentation showing that the program is a non-profit, charitable, 501 (c)(3). (Please click here for a listing of 501 (c)(3) programs that have been recommended by other families to NAMI, PA Main Line.)
- have not received a grant from NAMI PA, Main Line in the last 6 months.
- complete the Grant Application form.
Notes: All application materials must be received before the application can be reviewed.
Members of the Grant Application Review Committee, and Board members and employees of NAMI PA, Main Line and their family members are not eligible to apply. Applications may be completed online, via the Grant Application below, or you may complete a paper application (call 267-251-6240 if you need a copy of the paper application). Any field with an asterisk is a required field. The required eligibility materials can be submitted via the Grant Application’s Eligibility Materials submission buttons, via e-mail to info@NAMIpaMainLine.org, or by mail to:
NAMI PA, Main Line
320 Woodley Road
Merion Station PA 19066-1413
Each grant applicant will be notified of the committee’s decision within two weeks of receipt of the completed application and all supporting materials. If selected as a grant recipient, payment will be remitted to the recipient’s program provider upon notification from the provider that the child is registered. If the funds allocated to an awarded grant are not used within six months, the grant will be withdrawn.
By submitting the following application, I verify that all of the information provided is true to the best of my knowledge and that our family meets all of the eligibility criteria, including that:
- our annual household income does not exceed $75,000, plus $15,000 for each dependent member of the household (dependent as defined by the IRS, which excludes spouses);
- we have not received a grant from NAMI PA, Main Line within the last 6 months; and
- no one in our family is a member of the Grant Application Review Committee or the Board of NAMI PA, Main Line or an employee of NAMI PA, Main Line.